Oh, boy--I got to make a baby card tonight! Actually I should have said, "Oh, girl" since it's for the parents of a sweet new baby girl. :-) I pulled out an old favorite stamp set, PTI's Baby Button Bits, along with Simple Alphabet for the name tag.
These are the Copic Markers that I used to tint the patterned papers for paper-piecing the cupcake image. The BG23 was used with the Copic Airbrush System to add a pale blue green on the circle under the cupcake. *I forgot to include it in the picture, but I also used a Copic R85 to airbrush spaces in the lace background layer.* Papers are from a Crate Paper Little Bo Peep 6" x 6" pad.
I used several dies on this card. First, for the focal image and its mat layer, I used Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large. For the rounded rectangle layer under the focal image, I used A-2 Curved Matting Basics A. For that lacey layer, I used A-2 Floral Ribbon Threader. Before I removed the two dies, I airbrushed with a Copic R85 to add detail to that lacey layer. For the tag I used Charmed I'm Sure. I coated the cupcake frosting with glitter. Every little girl needs a little glitter, right?
I have a couple of other tidbits of information to share with you. First, I'm really happy that the fabulously talented Michelle Houghton is teaching a couple of special half-day classes for Imagination International/Copic on August 17 in Overland Park, Kansas. You can learn more about these classes HERE on the Copic website. Both of these are project based classes, and both projects are fabulous! I've seen one in person, and the second looks great from the pictures too.
Okay, last thing for today--I was helping my husband stain some siding boards outside today and saw that my irises were blooming. I quit staining for long enough to go get my camera, because they were so pretty! I'm hoping to get a chance to sketch one of these and post it one of these days. This kitchen renovation is a time-sucker though. I'm sure that my husband and I will both be relieved when it's done. And to think that the only reason that it all started is that we are replacing the old off-white carpet with wooden floors. One thing leads to another. . . So far, only ONE room is re-floored.
Thanks for visiting today!