Welcome! I've just updated my COPIC Classes page, and
I certainly hope to meet some of you in
Grand Rapids, Michigan,
Madison, Wisconsin, or
Chicago/Rosemont in the near future!
Today I have another airbrushed card to share with you. I enjoyed airbrushing PTI's Botanical Blocks sunflower image a few posts back, and I thought I would try the rose image from that same stamp set.
Just as with the sunflower Botanical Blocks image, I knew that simply cutting apart the three layers of the rose image would make it much simpler to airbrush and require no masking. Shown here are the three layers before I did any retouching with either a Copic marker or the Copic Colorless Blender.
Here is a close-up of each layer along with the Copic markers used for airbrushing that layer, after being trimmed. On that bottom rose image, I have added just a FEW cast shadows and darkened a few corners. I did a bit more of that before I was finished.
If you compare the image shown directly above with the bottom image above it, you can see where I used my colorless blender to lighten a few areas, and my R37 Copic Sketch marker to darken a few other areas. I popped each trimmed layer up with foam tape. I played with several dies to try to add ornate mats to this image, but because it such a clean, graphic image, they looked fussy and not quite right. I finally settled on plain cardstock strips, with embossed edges above and below the strips. (PTI's Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shore, Berry Sorbet, and Simple Chartreuse). I'm really enjoying my Copic Airbrush system these days, and I love it when I find an image that works well--okay, plays well--with the airbrush!
Thanks for visiting,