Welcome! It's been a week since I posted. And I've been vacationing--okay--traveling, teaching, coloring, cooking, and making a LOT of cards! Most of them are for the upcoming MFT Stamps October Countdown, but I had a couple of informational posts that I can share leading up to the October projects. Today I toyed with an idea for making my own glittery plaid patterned paper using kraft cardstock, Copic markers, and my X-Press It Medium Glue Marker andX-Press It Wide Glue Marker. I took pictures as I worked--hope that helps!
I started by taping my kraft cardstock down to a square glass surface so that I could use a small T-square to get straight lines. Here I have used to the medium broad (chisel) tip (both wide and turned on end for a narrower profile) along with Copic G46, making lines every 1" apart.
Here I've added G29 for a darker green and some value variety, on the 1/2" lines.
I'm ready to start with my red, but first, it is REALLY important to clean the ruler so that I won't get dark green Copic ink all over my red Copic markers. Yes, the red ink would most like push out the excess green, but I didn't really want end up with ink smears either.
Here I've added two different reds--R27 and R59. (I labeled all of the colors so that you could see what went where.)
I cleaned the ink off of my ruler one more time so that I wouldn't get red ink on the edges of my glue markers. Here comes the X-Press It Medium Glue Marker fun! First I created lines every 1" apart using my T-square and my Glue marker, shown above.
Next, I carefully added lines in the opposite direction using my X-Press It Wide Glue Marker. (I was working pretty quickly here. I din't walk away and let the glue dry between directions.)
Mmmmm--GLITTER! I sprinkled ultra-fine glitter over the whole 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" sheet, pressed it lightly on, and then dumped the excess glitter back into my plastic container.
Here's a close up; it's subtle, unless you get it at the right angle, in which case it's splashier than you see up above. This was a pretty quick project, and I was happy with how it turned out. I could see the same thing working well in pastel colors for a baby shower too! The stamp that I used is a Hero Arts Holiday Messages and Tags set. I fussy-cut my tag, but there is a coordinating die, which I would highly recommend if you are cutting very many of these. ;-)
Edited to add: That little white line that you see was added with a white Kirarina Wink after everything else was dry. It just needed something else. . .
Thank you for visiting, and I hope you're having a great week,