Welcome! I've been busy with projects for the upcoming MFT Release, but I wanted to finish another Power Poppy wreath that I'd started a few days ago; those wreaths were SO pretty! The one that I used here was the Boxwood and Cranberry Wreath.
Shown above are the Copic Sketch markers that I used to color the Boxwood and Cranberries image. I don't usually leave highlights in the middle of leaves, but when I researched boxwood leaves, they were quite shiny, and they seemed to bow up slightly in the center too. So I bumped the shiny, stark highlights to the centers of most of the leaves. For the cranberries, I left a few unripened ones, knowing that every bag I've ever bought has a few with really pale green-to-white ends. That worked for me since I wanted to add more contrast anyway!
I used a really dark green cardstock for the card front (MFT Timber Green), so I wanted to have a bit of bling and light to break up the dark background. Hmmm-I just happened to have some narrow (6mm) X-Press It Glitter Deco Tape that I hadn't tried yet--sounds like it was meant to be, right? ;-) The tape was fairly thin (tearable even) which I liked. I also found out that it was pretty easy to reposition if you put it on slightly crooked to begin with. [Oops.] Since it was not super high-tack, I allowed the ends to overlap my card front so that I could wrap it on around the back and have a clean finished edge. See that little inset panel on the lower left? That was an experiment that worked, even though I didn't end up using it on my card. I wanted to see if I could color the glitter tape with my Copics to more closely coordinate with the colors that I had used on my image. I found that after the tape dried, it was a little less glittery than it had been before, but still acceptably glittery. (The left side of both tape pieces above has marker applied over the glitter tape, and the right side has no marker. Since the glitter on the tape is not loose, it did not come off on my brush tip at all.)
After adding color to a couple of tape scraps, I decided that I liked it better just the way it came off of the roll, since that way gave me more contrast and sparkle. (But at least I know I can tweak the color if I ever need to!) I left a slight gap between the two colors because I wanted to add some silver metallic twine (May Arts). Oh, about that wreath. . . yes, I fussy-cut it. [It's a disease, I'm sure. Seriously, I am going to learn to make a machine do this for me one day soon!]
That's it--one more Christmas card for the stash! I really did love coloring Marcy's Boxwood and Cranberries wreath; it wasn't difficult at all, but it did take me a while. [Probably a disease related to that fussy-cutting compulsion. . .] Speaking of which, I'm behind on my Christmas card stash this year. Could be a slim year for sending out cards unless I get into gear soon. I hope that YOU are farther ahead! Thanks for visiting, and have a fabulous day,