Welcome! I know that I've been MIA for a few days. I've been busy behind the scenes though, mostly working on class prep projects. It really doesn't matter how many times I've taught a class; I'm still usually scrambling to find a new twist on something or to collect just a few more portfolio projects. This past week has been spent for the most part on making notebooks and presentations for the NEW Copic Workshops that we'll be teaching starting next month already! (We've had one pilot run of the new Workshops in Phoenix at Creativation, but all of us will be teaching them pretty soon.)
All of my projects are ready for the Animals class, but I would like to get a couple more small pieces done for my Landscapes class. Lettering has been my biggest project lately though. Scrap paper doesn't stay blank for long in my studio--I keep grabbing markers and pens and lettering on everything!
I'm still adding materials to older classes too though, and with that thought, I also thought I'd share something that I just found this week in a book that I've had for a long time, The Copic Coloring Faces and Hair Foundation book. Did you know that in addition to all of the great information on coloring skin and hair, there is a common skin colors chart in the appendix to copy and fill in? I didn't know that. . . I guess I skipped that part of the book when I read it the first time!. ;-)
So I printed that chart and filled it in tonight to add to my Whimsical Faces and Hair resource notebook. I'll probably laminate it first since my notebook materials get a LOT of wear and tear. (Yes, lamination will affect the colors slightly, but at least I won't be re-coloring it every month!)
If you haven't read the Copic Coloring Faces and Hair, or if, like me, it's been a while since you flipped through your copy, pick it up again now and see what else you find!
Just to keep you posted on classes, I will be in Pittsburgh next (April 28-29) for Standard and Intermediate Certifications, as well as the Flowers Workshop. On May 19-20, I have my very FIRST new Workshops in Detroit. On June 9-10, I'll be back in Dallas for new Workshops; I'm hitting Texas three times this year! I have updated my COPIC Classes Page to reflect all classes through the late Spring/Early Summer.
Classes coming up in April through June are the following:
- March 31-April 1: Cindy Lawrence for Certifications in Lyndhurst, NJ
- April 7-8: Michelle Houghton for NEW Workshops in Calgary, AB
- April 20-21: Lori Craig for Certifications in Vancouver, BC
- April 20-21: Cindy Lawrence for NEW Workshops in Orlando, FL
- April 28-29: me (Debbie Olson) for Certifications in Pittsburgh, PA
- May 5-6: Cindy Lawrence for NEW Workshops in Toronto, ON
- May 19-20: me (Debbie Olson) for NEW Workshops in Detroit, MI
- May 19-20: Cindy Lawrence for NEW Workshops in Philadelphia, PA
- May 19-20: Michelle Houghton for Certifications in San Francisco, CA
- June 9-10: me (Debbie Olson) for NEW Workshops in Dallas/Irving, TX
Thank you for stopping by today!