Good morning! Yes, I know that I've been AWOL lately; I was in Portland last weekend for Copic classes, and things have been hopping here at home since I returned. This morning I wanted to share a couple of cards using both My Favorite Things Stamps and Xyron products. I've had a Xyron Create-A-Sticker for years, and and it's still going strong! On my butterfly card I used the disposable/recyclable 3" wide Sticker Maker, shown below.
I chose three different butterfly images from the MFT Stamps I'm Tweet on You stamp set and colored them all with my Copic markers. Next I die-cut them with the Die-namics I'm Tweet on You, and then ran them through the Sticker Maker with the front side facing the adhesive since I wanted adhesive on the front of the butterfly images. In the picture above, you can see that I have attached about half of my butterflies, after dousing them in glitter.
The rest of the butterflies are still upside down on that little transfer strip.
Almost finished here! I made a few extra butterflies to use on the inside of my card.
On the inside of my card, I wanted to lightly tint a sky to coordinate with the cardstock on the front of my card. I used some long Post It notes to mask about 1/4" on my card edges, then airbrushed with a blue-green Copic marker.
Above you see my finished inside, stamped with a sentient from MFT's All Heart and adorned with glittered butterflies. I used a Xyron Mega Runner to attach my card front to my card base.
I used my Die-namics Stitched Strip to create flight paths for my butterflies. Aren't they cute? The "Fly away with me" sentiment is cut with a die from Blueprints 27.
For my second card, I stamped my MFT Lace Background onto watercolor paper with Versamark ink, and then used detail white embossing powder to heat emboss the lace image. I watercolored it with distress inks, including Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, and Spiced Marmalade.
For my sentiment, I die-cut the "Thanks" four times from Smooth White cardstock, then used my Xyron 2.5" Create-A-Sticker to apply adhesive to the back of all four words. I had an easier tome than I expected aligning the die cuts since there was a little bit of play in the adhesive. After aligning them into a thick-as-chipboard unit, I used an Adhesive Eraser to take off the excess adhesive from the edges and then applied the sentiment to my card front.
I hope you get a chance to visit both the Xyron Facebook page and the MFT Stamps Blog; Giveaways are available in both places. . . just in case you were wondering! Thank you for visiting, and have a lovely day,